Monday, February 21, 2000

February 21, 2000

Archived update from Cigarettes & Coffee, run by Greg Mariotti & CJ Wallis from 1999-2005

Great News today from the Berlin International Film Festival where Paul Thomas Anderson was awarded the prestigious Golden Bear for Magnolia. As you know, I try to keep my own opinions off the site, but I am very happy for Paul & I'm thrilled to see the continued critical success of the film. It was also great to hear how enthusiastic the German audience received Magnolia. Here is a link to a short clip (QuickTime or RealPlayer) from German television showing Paul receiving the award & I have posted quite a few pics below (more to follow soon in the PTA Photo Gallery). 
I got word that PTA directed one of the few funny bits on Saturday Night Live. It was the parody of MTV's Fanatic with Ben Affleck, Jimmy Fallon & Molly Shannon (Thanks Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment